Re: Gather Merge - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Gather Merge
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Shouldn't this say just "(c) 2016, PostgreSQL Global Development
>> Group"?  Are we supposed to be blaming the University of California
>> for new files?

> If the new file contains a portion of code from this age, yes.

My habit has been to include the whole old copyright if there's anything
at all in the new file that could be considered to be copy-and-paste from
an existing file.  Frequently it's a gray area.

Legally, I doubt anyone cares much.  Morally, I see it as paying due
respect to those who came before us in this project.