Re: No result when selecting attstattarget from pg_attribute - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: No result when selecting attstattarget from pg_attribute
Date
List pgsql-admin
"William Sescu (Suva)" <william.sescu@suva.ch> writes:
> I was following the create statistics example from the doc
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-createstatistics.html
> and wondered why I don't see any results when selecting attstattarget from pg_attribute.

attstattarget has nothing to do with extended statistics.
It's for recording "ALTER TABLE ... SET STATISTICS n"
commands, which just control the granularity of the
regular (pg_statistic) statistics.

Look into pg_statistic_ext to see the effects of CREATE
STATISTICS.

            regards, tom lane