Re: "SELECT ... FROM DUAL" is not quite as silly as it appears - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "SELECT ... FROM DUAL" is not quite as silly as it appears
Date
Re: "SELECT ... FROM DUAL" is not quite as silly as it appears  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> 1. I don't think having a table named "dual" makes a whole lot of
> sense for a table with a single row.

Well, I borrowed Oracle terminology there ;-)

> (Uppercasing these additions would also make them look less of an afterthought.)

Don't really care, can do.

> I also did a quick benchmark of v6 and found the slowdown to be
> smaller after the change made in build_simple_rel()

Thanks for confirming.  I was not very sure that was worth the extra
few bytes of code space, but if you see a difference too, then it's
probably worthwhile.