Re: multivariate statistics v14 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: multivariate statistics v14
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/26/2016 08:09 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tomas Vondra wrote:
>
>> There are a few places where I reverted the pgindent formatting, because it
>> seemed a bit too weird - the first one are the lists of function prototypes
>> in common.h/mvstat.h, the second one are function calls to
>> _greedy/_exhaustive methods.
>
> Function prototypes being weird is something that we've learned to
> accept.  There's no point in undoing pgindent decisions there, because
> the next run will re-apply them anyway.  Best not to fight it.
>
> What you should definitely look into fixing is the formatting of
> comments, if the result is too horrible.  You can prevent it from
> messing those by adding dashes /*----- at the beginning of the comment.

Yep, formatting of some of the comments got slightly broken, but it
wasn't difficult to fix that without the /*------- trick.

I'm not sure about the prototypes though. It was a bit weird because
prototypes in the same header file were formatted very differently.

regards