Re: pg_clogs hanging around - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Whitney
Subject Re: pg_clogs hanging around
Date
List pgsql-admin

> > > True, entropy rules. I think that you can use "VACUUM FREEZE"
> > > to allow the clogs to be cleaned up.
> > >
> > I thought I was. I've got -F in there. vacuumdb -a -v -F
> >

> Sorry about that, you are. I have never done it from the command-line
> just from psql. I was thinking F for FULL... :)

This is also interesting. I just allowed connections to template0 for the express purpose of vacuuming it, did a full
vacon template0, and that did NOT clear up the hanging clogs.

Thanks for the help so far, everyone. I'm going to assuming something is going wrong with my vacuuming on Saturdays
(whichI can't PROVE until my Saturday window), and take it from there.

I'll reply next week with more info if needed.