Re: PATCH: add "--config-file=" option to pg_rewind - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Subject Re: PATCH: add "--config-file=" option to pg_rewind
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Am 24.02.22 um 14:46 schrieb Daniel Gustafsson:
>> On 24 Feb 2022, at 14:43, Gunnar Nick Bluth <gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de> wrote:
>
>> That looks just as good to me, and it already has tests, so I'll happily step down!
>
> Actually, I think this looks like a saner approach.  Putting a config setting
> in two place (postgresql.conf and on the commandline for pg_rewind) is a recipe
> for them diverging.

Well, well,

reverted https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3562/ back to "needs
review" and moved it to "Replication & Recovery".

Patch v2 includes:
* doc improvements as suggested
* tests shamelessly copied & adapted from
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3213/

Since the need is pretty obvious (I *think* the Debian-ish userbase is
quite significant alone), I'd love to see one of the approaches making
it into 15!

Best regards,
--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth

Eimermacherweg 106
D-48159 Münster

Mobil +49 172 8853339
Email: gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de
"Ceterum censeo SystemD esse delendam" - Cato
Attachment