Re: Hot Standby has PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Harris
Subject Re: Hot Standby has PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

>> Also, we can see that 9.2.3 has been released now and has a number of fi=
xes relating to WAL replay, so we have decided to try again using that.=20
>> We will scrub the standby and make a fresh copy using pg_basebackup. If =
that doesn't work then we may try using rsync instead.

I am pleased to be able to report that the problem seems to be fixed after =
upgrading to 9.2.3.

We upgraded the standby server only to 9.2.3, rebuilt the standby using pg_=
basebackup, and then started it up. It replayed all the outstanding WAL fil=
es with no problems.

Regards // Mike