Re: About the constant-TRUE clause in reconsider_outer_join_clauses - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: About the constant-TRUE clause in reconsider_outer_join_clauses
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 11:41 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Should we instead mark the constant-TRUE clause with required_relids
>>> plus the OJ relid?

>> I do not think it matters.

> Yeah, I agree that it makes no difference currently.  One day if we want
> to replace the is_pushed_down flag with checking to see if a clause's
> required_relids includes the OJ being formed in order to tell whether
> it's a filter or join clause, I think we'd need to make this change.

I did think about that ... but a constant-TRUE clause is going to be a
no-op no matter which classification you give it.  We do have some work to
do in that area, but I think it's not an issue for this particular case.