Re: scheduler in core - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: scheduler in core
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
[...]
>> Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com> writes:
>>
>> > What would it take to have it included in core,

[...]
> There is currently no way to run a separate daemon process that runs
> user code as part of Postgres, so that the startup code gets run
> immediately we startup, re-run if we crash and shut down cleanly when
> the server does. If there were some way to run arbitrary code in a
> daemon using an extensibility API then we wouldn't ever get any requests
> for the scheduler, cos you could write it yourself without troubling
> anybody here.

ah! that could get rid of one of my complaints, and then i could just
work the rest in pgAgent...
so, is this idea (having some user processes be "tied" to postmaster
start/stop) going to somewhere?

it also could help if we you have processes LISTENing for NOTIFYs

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova