Re: Feature / Enhancement request. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Feature / Enhancement request.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Melvin
Davidson<melvin.davidson@rackspace.com> wrote:

> This would be very useful for user tables that are meant to exist for only a
> specific length of time. eg: 1  month.

that's a weird concept

> Likewise, relmoddat would be useful for determining when someone made
> changes to a table, index, view, etc.

i agree it could be useful for auditing porpouses... in fact, in
environments like government it's likely the law who wants such a
functionality...

but instead of new fields we can invent a new catalog for that and we
can use a guc to enable/disable the track of such changes

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova