Re: New pg_dump patch, --no-stats flag, disables sending to statistics collector - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: New pg_dump patch, --no-stats flag, disables sending to statistics collector
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2@obviously.com> wrote:
> This patch adds another flag to pg_dump, this time to disable statistics
> collection.  This is useful if your don't want pg_dump activity to show (or
> clutter) your normal statistics.  This may be appropriate for an
> organization that regularly dumps a database for backup purposes, but wants
> to analyze only the application's database use.

i haven't looked at the patch nor it's functional use... but from the
top of my head jumps a question: is there a reason to not make this
the default behaviour?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova