PostGreSQL size configurations - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject PostGreSQL size configurations
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello all,

I have searched the documentation and other web articles and can find no mention of limiting the size of databases at
all(Iwould *really* love to be able to limit schema or user owned total sizes, but I could live with per database
limits) I can find nothing about this.  My experience is with SQL server and you can set individual database size
limitsand the server will enforce it for you, but like I said I can find no hint of this in Postgres. Any suggestions
orknown workarounds/hacks to do this (in a performant way...no exectuting an trigger on inserts or something along
thoselines as we will have large bulk inserts into dynamically created tables).

Any ideas welcome..

Thanks,

Chris