Re: [GENERAL] Streaming Replication Server Crash - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Streaming Replication Server Crash
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Streaming Replication Server Crash  ("Myers Brian D" <brian.d.myers@state.or.us>)
List pgsql-admin
Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> writes:
> On 10/22/2012 08:52 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> But having said that, are we sure 10 is SIGUSR1 on the OP's platform?
>> AFAIK, that signal number is not at all compatible across different
>> flavors of Unix.  (I see SIGUSR1 is 30 on OS X for instance.)

> Gah. I incorrectly though that POSIX specified signal *numbers*, not
> just names. That does not appear to actually be the case. Thanks.

This isn't the first time I've wondered exactly which signal was meant
in a postmaster child-crash report.  Seems like it might be worth
expending some code on a symbolic translation, instead of just printing
the number.  That'd be easy enough (for common signal names) on Unix,
but has anyone got a suggestion how we might do something useful on
Windows?

            regards, tom lane