Re: Ultra-cheap NVRAM device - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ron Peacetree
Subject Re: Ultra-cheap NVRAM device
Date
List pgsql-performance
Nah.  It's still not right.  It needs:
1= full PCI, preferably at least 64b 133MHz PCI-X, bandwidth.
A RAM card should blow the doors off the fastest commodity
RAID setup you can build.
2= 8-16 DIMM slots
3= a standard battery type that I can pick up spares for easily
4= ECC support

If it had all those features, I'd buy it at even 2x or possibly
even 3x it's current price.

8, 16, or 32GB (using 1, 2, or 4GB DIMMs respectively in an 8 slot
form factor) of very fast temporary work memory (sorting
 anyone ;-) ).  Yum.

Ron