Re: Using LibPq in TAP tests via FFI - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Using LibPq in TAP tests via FFI
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2024 at 10:38 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> I'm somewhat doubtful we'll just agree on making FFI::Platypus a hard
>> dependency, but if we agree to do so...

> Why can't we just do that?  I mean, do we have any concrete reason to
> think that it'll block a supported platform?

IIUC, this would only be a hard dependency if you want to run certain
TAP tests (maybe eventually all of them).  Seems like not that much of
a roadblock for somebody that's just trying to build PG for
themselves.  I agree we'd want it on most buildfarm animals
eventually, but they pretty much all have python installed ...