Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian [mailto:pgman@candle.pha.pa.us] wrote:
> Sure, Neil Conway updated Jan's patches for 7.3.  It is in:
>
>     ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/

I have not been able to run the patch against either the 7.2.1 source or
the 7.3.2 source.  It always quits with assertion failure after trying
to patch refint.c

To run the patch I am typing (from inside the postgresql-7.x.x folder)
patch -p1 < win32-port-changes-2.diff

Running (from root)
patch -p0 < win32-port-changes-2.diff
does the same.

Looking inside the patch, I see its looking for the 7.2.1 source tree.
Tried running gnu patch and mingw patch without success.

Should I be patching the head or am I doing something wrong?

Merlin