Re: Free WAL caches on switching segments - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Free WAL caches on switching segments
Date
Re: Free WAL caches on switching segments
List pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's still gonna need a configure test and so on.

> The submitter believes the C macro test is sufficient:

Do I get to revert the patch the moment that fails in buildfarm?

More to the point, the utility of the patch remains unproven.
We are not in the habit of adding OS dependencies on speculation.

            regards, tom lane