Re: server process (PID 2964738) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: server process (PID 2964738) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-general
Stefan Froehlich <postgresql@froehlich.priv.at> writes:
> I followed the suggestion to trace down the faulty record, found and
> fixed it. Now I can access that record again, but if I try to dump
> the table I get:
> | 2022-11-06 11:52:36.367 CET [2098-35] LOG:  server process (PID 2964738) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation
fault

> Whatever was "done" does not prevent the problem from being
> reproducible. I tried to track down this faulty record as well, but
> binary proves difficult with 25*10^6 rows if the server crashes and
> rebuilds after each try.
> Is there any reasonable way to proceed from here?

contrib/amcheck might help to identify the faulty data (at this
point there's reason to fear multiple corruptions ...).  If
you're running v14 or v15 there's a frontend for that called
pg_amcheck.

            regards, tom lane