Postgresql 6.5.3-2 for redhat 6.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Frans Van Elsacker
Subject Postgresql 6.5.3-2 for redhat 6.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I've a problem and i am looking for help?

I have a table with a field varchar(5), filed with right alligned numbers.
Ordering was fine, just like we expected compared with nummeric.

Starting from RedHat version 6.1 the ordening seems to remove the leading
blanco's, what was not for use. I try different versions of postgres, as
there are 6.5.2-1, 6.5.3-1, 6.5.3-2
I also try to change varchar in char, and remove the index on the varchar
field but nothing helps.

Going back to redhat 6.0 (and try with the same postgres versions) ordering
becomes fine again.

Any idea??
Frans