Re: Date Time Functions - ANSI SQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gonzo Rock
Subject Re: Date Time Functions - ANSI SQL ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
At 01:39 AM 7/30/01 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Gonzo Rock <GonzoRock@Excite.com> writes:
>> Are all the date time functions described in the pgSQL docs are
>> ANSI-SQL or pgSQL extensions?
>
>One or the other, yes ;-)

Hey Tom,

You Clever guy!

Yes, One or the other!

OK OK! Nothing worse than a programmer who can't be explicit... maybe that's why I struggle so much ;-)

QUESTION:
I'm trying to find a pgSQL source that documents the Non-Standard pgSQL stuff, the stuff that will break when
attemptingto execute against mySQL/Oracle/MSSQLServer etc...

Immediately: What about the INHERITANCE capabilities... pretty cool but scarry at the same time. (can you tell I'm
brandnew to SQL and six months late on my current SQL project?)

thanks again,