Re: responses to licensing discussion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Warner
Subject Re: responses to licensing discussion
Date
List pgsql-general
At 15:11 5/07/00 +1000, Chris Bitmead wrote:

>Putting aside that I don't think anybody is liable anyway... I could
>fork postgres, then sit on pgsql-patches applying them all as they come
>along, and go around claiming that my postgres is the "one true".
>Tenuous I know, but then the whole idea of getting sued by someone you
>have no contract with is pretty tenuous.

They key issue here (I'd guess) is where the software came from.

But I agree - it's just a total nightmare when you start getting into this.
eg. one of the questions I am waiting on an answer for if whether Marc can
be sued because he provided the software from his server.

(A.C.N. 008 659 498)             |          /(@)   ______---_
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/