Port to OpenVMS? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Jennis
Subject Port to OpenVMS?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Postgresql Colleagues,

As a long time user of Postgresql, I've been very impressed since day 1
with the quality and performance of PG on Linux/Unix.

As a long time user/administrator/developer on OpenVMS I've also been
impressed with it's performance as an "industrial strength server
platform." Sadly, now it is often neglected by the open source community.
However, many open source software packages have been ported to (and run
very well on) OpenVMS and some, (such as the most recent port of the well
known Postscript viewer front end GV) were actually developed on VMS and
subsequently ported to Linux/Unix.

There is a very active OpenVMS developers community out here who would LOVE
to have an open source "industrial strength" database like Postgresql run
on OpenVMS.

I am wondering if there is any interest among Postgresql developers/users
in establishing a project to port Postgresql to OpenVMS.

If so, please write me "off line" and let's see what we can put together.

Best regards,

Jim
 ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-
/ / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / /
     \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /
      `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'
FSC - Building Better Information Technology Solutions-
      From the Production Floor to the Customer's Door.

Jim Jennis, Technical Director, Commercial Systems
Fuentez Systems Concepts, Inc.
1 Discovery Place, Suite 2
Martinsburg, WV. 25401 USA.

Phone: +001 (304) 263-0163 ext 235