Windows 95 and pgaccess user authentication - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tony Smith
Subject Windows 95 and pgaccess user authentication
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I have successfully used pgaccess 0.96 on a linux machine which is running
postgresql, I am now trying to remotely connect to the same linux box using
the pgaccess 0.96 for windows95,
inetd is running on the linux box and I  can telnet into psql from the
windows machine, however when I try to access the same database from
pgaccess on the windows machine I get the following error message:
"PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database failed user
authentication failed"
but I am using the same password as when I successfully log on when I am
using pgaccess directly on the linux box, any ideas ?

regards

Tony Smith.