Can't compile under Solaris 7/x86 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Urquhart
Subject Can't compile under Solaris 7/x86
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all

I'm trying to compile 6.4.2 under Solaris 7 on Intel using gcc 2.8.1. I
followed the instructions in the docs, but it won't compile the source
files. I have gmake 3.77 installed (as a package, it appears as make in
/usr/local) and if I do

make all

I get a message saying that GNU make must be used, but make -v tells me
it's GNU make 3.77. I tried renaming it to gmake and re-running configure,
but no joy. All paths and options are set to the defaults. Any help
appreciated.

Adrian Urquhart
Tercel Systems