Re: plpython? (Was: Re: Damn triggers and NEW) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jay O'Connor
Subject Re: plpython? (Was: Re: Damn triggers and NEW)
Date
Re: plpython? (Was: Re: Damn triggers and NEW)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
At 06:42 AM 06/18/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>> You can check our archives (search for "python" a month or two back)
>> but it seems that the latest Python release removes rexec because it
>> had some fundamental security holes.  That breaks plpython because it
>> depends on rexec.  We could change plpython to an untrusted language
>> if someone cares enough to develop a patch to remove the use of
>> rexec.  Otherwise I fear we'll have to pull it.
>>

>plruby could fill that empty slot.  I think it at least deserves a
>mention in the documentation...

When you say "have to pull it" does that mean dropping plpython completely?
 I'm cuious becuause I'm starting to use plpython for more server functions.

and where can I find plruby?

Thanks