Re: beta testing version - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: beta testing version
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 05:42 PM 12/2/00 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Don Baccus writes:
>
>> Exactly what is PostgreSQL, Inc doing in this area?
>
>Good question...  See http://www.erserver.com/.

"Advanced Replication and Distributed Information capabilities are also under development to meet specificbusiness and
competitiverequirements for both PostgreSQL, Inc. and clients. Several of these enhancedPostgreSQL, Inc. developments
mayremain proprietary for up to 24 months, with availability limited toclients and partners, in order to assist us in
recoveringdevelopment costs and continue to provide fundingfor our other Open Source contributions. "

Boy, I can just imagine the uproar this statement will cause on Slashdot when
the world finds out about it.