Re: PG 7.1 pre-beta bug ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: PG 7.1 pre-beta bug ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 07:20 PM 11/20/00 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
>> All went well except for a handful of occurances of the following error:
>> ERROR:  SS_finalize_plan: plan shouldn't reference subplan's variable
>
>Fixed, I believe.  Your test case now gives
>
>regression=# select user_group_add('group', 'shortname', 'prettyname', 'f');
>ERROR:  ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null attribute
registration_date

>but that's correct AFAICT, and 7.0.2 agrees...

Yeah, I boiled down my example a bit too far for the case where the RDBMS
works, apparently :)   There's probably a trigger to fill the registration
date that I stripped out, something like that.

Thanks ... I'll not be able to get back to testing until later this week (I'm
busy with a client site, Oracle-based, boo-hoo).