Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>At 10:22 PM 8/20/00 -0400, Ned Lilly wrote:
>>If you all don't mind, I think it'd be great to keep this discussion on the
>>list.  As some of you know, Great Bridge is working on its own project
>>hosting site (including a PG-backed bug tracking module).  We're not quite
>>ready to pull back the curtain yet, but are getting close, and will be
>>actively soliciting input (and hacks) from the community.

Another implication which missed me first time 'round is that Great Bridge
might be planning to have its own bug reporting system, separate from
that used by the development community at large?

I hope not.  There should be one central place for bug reporting.  If
Great Bridge wants to run it, fine, also if Great Bridge wants to be able
to incorporate some sort of prioritization system for those with paid
support (or some other discriminatory system) it is still probably better
to figure out a way to accomodate it rather than have two separate
bug reporting systems.