Re: [HACKERS] TRANSACTIONS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: [HACKERS] TRANSACTIONS
Date
List pgsql-general
At 11:32 AM 2/22/00 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

>I see no way that allowing the transaction to commit after an overflow
>can be called consistent with the spec.

You are absolutely right.  The whole point is that either a) everything
commits or b) nothing commits.

Having some kinds of exceptions allow a partial commit while other
exceptions rollback the transaction seems like a very error-prone
programming environment to me.

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza@pacifier.com>
  http://donb.photo.net.