Re: [HACKERS] Copyright - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Copyright
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 05:50 PM 1/29/00 +1100, Philip Warner wrote:
>>There's an explicit permission to publish when you mail in your letter
>>to the editor.  If you were to sue, the court would have a couple of
>>questions:

>Again, there is an implied license for a one-off usage, but no loss of
>copyright. They could not publish my collected letters in a book without
>obtaining further permission.

It's debatable, at least here in the US.  You could look into recent
fights among photographers and publishers over web redistribution of
articles originally published with ink on paper, for instance.

The issue isn't loss of copyright, but license scope...