Re: [HACKERS] Indent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Indent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 09:53 PM 11/11/99 +0200, Theo Kramer wrote:
>Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Personally, I'm always in favour of using no tabs at all, because of this
>> very problem, and just because they annoy me. But I tend to be alone with
>> that position.
>
>No you are not :). Twenty odd years of software development have taught me
>to remove the tab key from my keyboard. Two spaces do the trick for me and
>try to avoid at all costs lines over 80 cols. (I use emacs in vi[per] mode),
>even on win98... Oh how I wish we were back in the days of TECO.

TECO!  If you were to dig up a copy of the original manual for
Dec's OS/8 TECO, you'd see a reference to me on the first page.  Not
by name, but by organization, for having done the first version.

Sheesh, those where old days.

Anyway, I too avoid tabs.  Life's too short to figure out how to
make all the tools I use tab the way I want them to.