Re: [HACKERS] Broken select on regular expression !!! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Broken select on regular expression !!!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 12:08 AM 5/21/99 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>But if we rip it out, people will complain we are not using the index
>for regex and LIKE.  That is a pretty serious complaint.

For this release, given that it's coming fairly soon (11 days???)
you might consider documenting the shortcomings, rather than
ripping it out.  Indexing is important, serious users will expect
it, at least for LIKE (they might not know about regex if they're
just SQL grunts).

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza@pacifier.com> Nature photos, on-line guides, and other goodies at
http://donb.photo.net