Re: general table stats, ideas ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Subject Re: general table stats, ideas ?
Date
List pgsql-general

2008/10/7 Richard Broersma <richard.broersma@gmail.com>
On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com> wrote:

> If someone loves a challenge, and is able to provide me with an answer to my
> problem - please do so. Also, if this can be done, but with slightly
> different requirements - please let me know too.
> Thanks, this is my first post here - so welcome you guys

Would the facilities already in the PostgreSQL logging system not work for you?
at the end of a day, maybe - but we don't log by default, because quite few tables operate on bytea structures, that are failry large, and log file's size would be substantial.

--
GJ