Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2020-05-04 at 23:16 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the PG 13 release notes.  You can
> see them here:
>
>     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-13.html
>
> It still needs markup, word wrap, and indenting.  The community doc
> build should happen in a few hours.

Regarding grouping sets:

Just like hash aggregation, grouping sets could exceed work_mem by
large amounts in v12. Now, in v13, they both use disk when appropriate.

There's an open item where we will consider tweaking the GUCs, so the
descriptions might change slightly.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis