Re: Postgres on shared network drive - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Postgres on shared network drive
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 1:04 PM, A. Kretschmer
<andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:

>  You idea is complete ill. PostgreSQL is a Server-Client-database, with
>  one Server and multiple Clients. You can't access to the same
>  database-files with multiple database-servers.

I wonder if it would make sense to add support to mount database in
*read-only* mode from multiple servers though. I am thinking about
data warehouse kind of operations where multiple servers can be
used answer read-only queries. Is there a use case for such applications
in real world ?

Thanks,
Pavan

--