Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 3/29/07, Florian G. Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:

Yes, but the non-index plan PREPARE generated will be used until the end
of the session, nut only until the end of the transaction.

Frankly I don't know this works, but are you sure that the plan will
be used until the end of the session ? Even if thats the case, it can
happen even today if we create a new index, but the existing sessions
will use the stale plan (assuming what you said is true)

Thanks,
Pavan

--

EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com