Re: Small TAP tests cleanup for Windows and unused modules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Small TAP tests cleanup for Windows and unused modules
Date
Re: Small TAP tests cleanup for Windows and unused modules  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: Small TAP tests cleanup for Windows and unused modules  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/16/22 16:36, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Seeing msys in TAP tests mentioned in a thread [1] tonight reminded me about
> two related (well, one of them) patches I had sitting around, so rather than
> forgetting again here are some small cleanups.
>
> 0001 attempts to streamline how we detect Windows in the TAP tests (after that
> there is a single msys check left that I'm not sure about, but [1] seems to
> imply it could go); 0002 removes some unused module includes which either were
> used at some point in the past or likely came from copy/paste.

0002 looks OK at first glance.

0001 is something we should investigate. It's really going in the wrong
direction I suspect. We should be looking to narrow the scope of these
platform-specific bits of processing, not expand them.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan