Re: A bug reporter surprised by their information going to public mailing list. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: A bug reporter surprised by their information going to public mailing list.
Date
List pgsql-www
On 9/27/20 5:37 PM, David Rowley wrote:
> In [1] Brian got a bit caught out when he missed the text on the bug
> reporting form that says:
>
> "By submitting a bug through this form you agree that all contents of
> the bug report, including your personal information as listed, will be
> posted to the public pgsql-bugs mailing list, and archived in the
> public list archives."
>
> I figured that could have been much worse than it was.
>
> Maybe it's not worth spending too many cycles for people that bypass
> the warning text, but I thought I'd mention the idea that this could
> be backed up by a check box just above the submit and send email
> button which has the text "I understand that this report will be
> emailed to a public mailing list".  The submit would be disallowed
> until the user checks the checkbox.
>
> Does anyone think it's worth adding?

The patch itself is not difficult (attached), though the formatting on
the page itself is not great, I'd need to figure out the CSS to align
the checkbox and label text, as the general form construct has not
required that to date.

I'm not opposed to adding it.

Jonathan

Attachment