Re: [HACKERS] log_autovacuum_min_duration doesn't log VACUUMs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [HACKERS] log_autovacuum_min_duration doesn't log VACUUMs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/10/17 2:33 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> That having been said, I think it could certainly be useful to have
> more control over what DDL gets logged in foreground processes.

FWIW, this is a significant problem outside of DDL. Once you're past 1-2
levels of nesting SET client_min_messages = DEBUG becomes completely
useless.

I think the ability to filter logging based on context would be very
valuable. AFAIK you could actually do that for manual logging with
existing plpgsql support, but obviously that won't help for anything else.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)