Re: pgsql: postgres_fdw: Allow postgres_fdw.application_name to include esc - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: pgsql: postgres_fdw: Allow postgres_fdw.application_name to include esc
Date
List pgsql-committers

On 2021/12/24 18:44, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> I once thought the same, but that change causes buildfarms *always*
> truncate the resulting application name. I believe the base
> application_name and database_name never grows further longer. So I'd
> like to split the check to %a%u%% and %d%p.

Yeah, probably it's better to split the test in that way. So I attached the patch doing that at the original thread [1]
inpgsql-hackers. Let's discuss this there.

[1]
https://postgr.es/m/e7b61420-a97b-8246-77c4-a0d48fba5a45@oss.nttdata.com

Regards,

--