Re: Why do we have perl and sed versions of Gen_dummy_probes? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Why do we have perl and sed versions of Gen_dummy_probes?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 07.05.21 20:31, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 5/7/21 1:20 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> On 2021-05-07 11:19:02 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Here's a patch that adds the README and also adds a Makefile recipe for
>>> regenerating Gen_dummy_probes.pl after the sed script is changed. On my
>>> system at least the recipe is idempotent.
>> Nice! Thanks for this work.
>
> de nada. pushed.

This recipe doesn't produce a Gen_dummy_probes.pl that matches exactly
the one that is there now.  If this is going to be the preferred method,
then we should generate it once so that it matches going forward.