Re: postgre vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Wultsch
Subject Re: postgre vs MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
>  People here are bound to prefer PostgreSQL to MySQL, otherwise you'd
>  find us on a MySQL list. What sort of database were you looking at? On
>  what operating system? With what hardware?

I semi regularly post on the MySQL General Discussion list, and not
here (until now). The knowledge base is much deeper and there is much
more traffic here. MySQL has a very low barrier to entry, and allows
people to form very bad habits. Postgres has a superset of the MySQL
features.

I wish I worked in a Postgres environment.

--
Rob Wultsch