Re: No stats after promoting standby? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Adrien Nayrat
Subject Re: No stats after promoting standby?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 12/04/2017 08:26 PM, Don Seiler wrote:
> Do stats not automatically get preserved when a standby is promoted? Did
> something go wrong here or should I know/expect to have to manually gather DB
> stats after a failover (like we do with major upgrades)?

Hi,

Stats are deleted after promotion :
" The stats file is deleted at the start of recovery, so stats from primary and
standby will differ; this is considered a feature, not a bug."
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/hot-standby.html

Or : https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/31781.1508448417%40sss.pgh.pa.us

You have to do an ANALYZE just after promotion.

Regards,

--
Adrien NAYRAT

Attachment