Re: The current shape of PG master-slave replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: The current shape of PG master-slave replication
Date
List pgsql-admin
pgsql-admin@kolttonen.fi wrote:
> To be concrete, if I use PG 10.x master-slave replication in production,
> is it very reliable when set up properly?

Absolutely.

PostgreSQL has had streaming replication since version 9.0, and by now
it is rock solid technology.  It operates on the same principles as the
crash- and point-in-time-recovery that you already trust.

On top of that, it is amazingly simple to configure, especially since
v10, since now all parameter defaults are already set up for replication.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe