Re: Orphaned wait event - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: Orphaned wait event
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 3/23/23 11:00 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I think if we want proper automation here we
> should look into a way to define wait events in a central file similar
> to what we do for src/backend/storage/lmgr/lwlocknames.txt.  It could
> give the enum name, the display name, and the documentation sentence
> on one tab-separated line, and we could generate all the rest from
> that, or something like that?  I suspect that downstream/monitoring
> tools might appreciate the existence of such a file too.

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I'll look at this and start a new
thread once I've a patch to share. FWIW, I'm also working on wait event "improvements"
(mainly adding extra info per wait event) that 1) I'll share once ready 2) could also probably
benefit from your proposal here.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot