Why Postgres rocks Re: Monty wants to un-GPL MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Why Postgres rocks Re: Monty wants to un-GPL MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi!

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM, decibel <decibel@decibel.org> wrote:

> Perhaps Monty should just give up and start using Postgres. :)

The points I'd like to see emphasized "out there" are that Postgres
developers have taken many steps to ensure the long-term health of the
project - intentionally diversifying where key developers work, and
accepting patches from a large number of independent contributors.
Structural things - like clearly documented coding standards, a
rigorous (if sometimes tedious) review process and Tom Lane's constant
presence - makes the code produced by the project incredibly high
quality.

Further recent actions - extensive work on creating and then executing
the Commit Fests, and increasing the number of core committers - help
make sure our software will continue to be competitive, and actively
developed for many years.

If you are going to blog about this situation -- and I hope many of
you do -- please talk about what is good about our community and
development process, and how you've contributed to that.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work