Re: speakers mailing list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: speakers mailing list
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> I don't think it is a good idea. A sizeable percentage of the speakers
> at the 3 conferences in Europe that I've been involved in talk
> selection for are unlikely to ever have been subscribed to such a
> list. Some of them are barely even paying attention to -announce or
> [eu-]general.

+1

> Consequently I will not be confining future CFPs to a speakers list as
> I don't want to miss good talks because ppl didn't subscribe to the
> 'club'.

We could add something to our website that tells conferences that are
looking for speakers what they should do.. like:

* Post to -announce
* Get on the events list (if it is a Postgres specific event)
* Get their CFPs into PWN
* Post to -general or -hackers depending on the type of speakers
they're looking for
* Get a blogger that's on Planet to post the CFP

I'm happy to make a wiki page.. a little later on today.

Would also be great to make a page that's something like: "So you want
to give a talk on Postgres...", if that doesn't already exist.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work