Call for proposals: PDXPUG PgDay at OSCON - proposals due FRIDAY! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Call for proposals: PDXPUG PgDay at OSCON - proposals due FRIDAY!
Date
List pgsql-general
The deadline for proposals is June 20, 2008.  Please submit something today!

PDXPUG PgDay will be on July 20, 2008.  This is a one-day conference
happening the day before OSCON at the Oregon Convention Center.

We are inviting anyone who has something interesting to share about
PostgreSQL to send us a proposal!

We'd like to have at one 1.5 hour tutorial and up to five 45-minute talks.

We welcome talks in any of the following areas:

* Practical advice on configuration, monitoring and database management
* Case studies involving interesting and innovative uses of PostgreSQL
from an application developer, PostgreSQL developer or administrative
user perspective
* Converting from other databases to PostgreSQL
* How-to accomplish database administration tasks (partitioning,
backups, replication, writing stored procedures)

To submit a proposal:

1. Login to http://pugs.postgresql.org (create an account if you don't
already have one!)
2. Go to: http://pugs.postgresql.org/node/add/pgday-talk-submission
And submit a talk! Please be sure to include a speaker biography. Thanks!

We will notify submitters of their acceptance by June 25, 2008.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at PDXPUG PgDay!

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us