Re: Overblogging etc - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: Overblogging etc
Date
List pgsql-www
On Jan 12, 2008 3:18 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Blogs
>
> I suggest we allow 1 blog per week per person and that the blogs must be
> about something constructive, not just a one liner about getting out of
> the bath or other trivial subjects. Since we have only a few blog slots
> it's a shame when long useful blogs are replaced by trivial ones.

I think that's overly restrictive.

I liked the idea of only showing a person's latest blog post on the front page.

More blog entries on the Planet site encourages people to subscribe to
the RSS feeds so that they don't miss anything.

As far as trivial items, I think tagging and communication to each
author is the key.  My blog is subscribed on Planet with a postgresql
tag, so that my volunteering and local Portland content doesn't get
mixed in with PostgreSQL stuff. I suggest that authors who write on
multiple topics do the same.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group