Re: Geographical multi-master replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Geographical multi-master replication
Date
Sv: Re: Geographical multi-master replication  (Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com>)
List pgsql-general

Am 25.01.19 um 06:10 schrieb Jeremy Finzel:

>     The problem is that the version for BDR 1.0.7, which has an
>     implementation for postgres 9.4, will be on end of live at the end
>     of this year. Unfortunately the paid solution is out of our
>     budget, so we currently have two options: find an alternative or
>     remove the multi-region implementation. We are currently looking
>     for alternatives.
>

> You are missing all of the alternatives here.  Why don't you consider
> upgrading from postgres 9.4 and with it to a supported version of
> BDR?  There is nothing better you can do to keep your infrastructure
> up to date, performant, secure, and actually meet your multi-master
> needs than to upgrade to a newer version of postgres which does have
> BDR support.
>
> Even "stock" postgres 9.4 is set for end of life soon. Upgrade!

ACK!

Sure, you have to pay for a support contract, and this isn't for free,
but you will get a first-class support for BDR. If you really needs a
worldwide distributed multi-master solution you should be able to buy that.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com